Sports

Dustin Poirier concedes ‘mistake’ by taking donation spat with Conor McGregor public

UFC lightweight competitor Dustin Poirier says he committed an error in publicly scrutinizing Conor McGregor for not finishing a promise to donate $500,000 to Poirier’s charity foundation.

It was reported Wednesday morning that McGregor and Poirier – who split their two past meetings – would complete their set of three at UFC 264. Later Wednesday, Poirier endeavored to suppress the cause meat by tweeting that he shouldn’t have taken issue public.

“I’m very passionate about my charity, as you all know,” Poirier wrote. “I jumped the gun, and took private matters between Conor and my foundation public. My mistake, we live, we learn. Spreading positivity and doing good is my goal! I feel like I have brought a negative energy and personal opinions into something I am working so hard on, that gives people a reason to cheer and smile.”

Before the two battled at UFC 257 in January, McGregor said he would donate $500,000 to The Good Fight Foundation, which Poirier works. The objective was to build a gym for disadvantaged youth in Poirier’s hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana.

On Sunday, Poirier demonstrated that McGregor had not finished. McGregor, who has been dynamic during the Covid pandemic in donating supplies to forefront laborers in Ireland, irately reacted by saying his team had been attempting to get the subtleties for how the cash would have been spent.

The contention raised to the point that McGregor recommended he would look for another adversary, rather than confronting Poirier on July 10, albeit that danger didn’t keep going long.

Post Comment