Updated Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table: India is still ranked first in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table, ahead of their match against South Africa.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table: Afghanistan moved up to the fifth spot in the standings after defeating the Netherlands 7 wickets on Friday, November 3, at the Ekana Stadium in Lucknow, surpassing Pakistan. Afghanistan’s victory guaranteed them a spot in the 2025 Champions Trophy and kept them in the running for the ODI World Cup 2023 semifinals. They also made sure they wouldn’t finish any lower than eighth in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table. With 14 points, India, the only team in the ODI World Cup 2023 who has not yet lost, continues to hold the top spot in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table.
South Africa is ranked second in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table and is set to play host India in Kolkata on Sunday. Australia and New Zealand are still ranked third and fourth in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table, respectively, following the Afghanistan vs. Netherlands ICC Cricket World Cup match. Pakistan, led by Babar Azam, is sixth in the semifinal race and is having difficulty. Bangladesh, the Netherlands, and Sri Lanka are ranked seventh, eighth, and ninth, respectively. In the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table, defending champions England are at the bottom with just one victory in six games.
Updated Points Table for the Cricket World Cup 2023 Following Afghanistan vs. Netherlands Match
The letters M, W, L, and Pts stand for matches, wins, losses, points, and net run rate, respectively.
The 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup’s top run scorers
After the Aghanistan vs. Netherlands ICC Cricket World Cup match, South Africa’s star opener Quinton de Kock currently holds the record for most runs scored in the Men’s ODI World Cup 2023. Former India captain Virat Kohli is ranked second. On the list of top scorers for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, New Zealand’s Rachin Ravindra is ranked third, with Australia’s senior opener David Warner coming in at number four.
Top 5 scorers in the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup in runs
- Quinton de Kock (South Africa) – average of 77.85 and 545 runs in 7 games
- Virat Kohli (India) – 442 runs at an average of 88.40 in 7 matches
- Rachin Ravindra of New Zealand: 415 runs at an average of 69.16 in 7 games
- David Warner (Australia): 413 runs at an average of 68.83 in 6 games
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 398 runs at an average of 66.33 in 6 innings
Highest Wicket-Takers in the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup
Following Friday’s ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match between Afghanistan and the Netherlands, spinner Adam Zampa of Australia is ranked second in the highest wicket-takers list for the ODI World Cup 2023, behind Dilshan Madushanka of Sri Lanka.
The top five wicket-takers in the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup
- Dilshan Madushanka of Sri Lanka: eighteen wickets in seven games
- Australian batsman Adam Zampa (16 wickets in 6 games)
- South Africa’s Marco Jansen, who has 16 wickets in 7 games
- In seven matches, Shaheen Afridi of Pakistan took 16 wickets.
- Indian batsman Jasprit Bumrah has 17 wickets in 7 games.