While Apple’s AirPods and AirPods Pro offer what many see as the best wireless earbud experience, there are times when they don’t function true to form. Read on for certain approaches to fix a left or right AirPod that won’t play sound.
If you’ve just checked Bluetooth on your iPhone or other Apple gadget and your AirPods are appearing as associated yet you’re still not getting sound out of one of them, there are a few things to attempt.
How to fix an AirPod that won’t play sound
Set your AirPods back in the charging case and double-check their charge (from the iPhone Home screen swipe from left to right)
If battery levels look alright, try putting them back in your ears
It might worth popping them back for the case, shutting the lid and attempting them once more
On the off chance that an AirPod still isn’t playing sound…
- Head to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone while they’re associated
- Tap the “i” by your AirPods
- Pick Forget This Device, then tap it again to affirm
- Put both AirPods in your charging case and close the lid, wait 30 seconds before opening it
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case until the status light is flashing white
- Reconnect your AirPods by bringing them near your gadget, follow the prompts on your gadget
- Check whether they’re working normally once more